Back to Main Page

EV Jag reduced to ashes

An electric Jaguar I-Pace car spontaneously caught fire and burned down to ashes in June. The Florida-based vehicle owner told Elecktrek that he had left his car plugged into the charger on June 16 before he went to sleep. The following day, Gonzalo Salazar returned to take the vehicle on a few errands — driving for around 12 miles — before he returned home and put the vehicle back in the garage. When Salazar headed inside, he began hearing pops from the garage. Curious about the strange noise, he went to the garage, only to see thick smoke emanating from within. “My thought immediately was, ‘When there is smoke, there is fire,’ and I need to get the car out of the house garage,” Salazar said in his email to Elecktrek. Listening to his instinct, he drove the smoking vehicle out of the garage and onto the street in front of his home. He then headed back inside to grab his phone and call Jaguar roadside assistance to take the vehicle to safety. “When I ended the conversation with them there were more pops, but this time it was followed by fire from under the car. I then called 911 to come help with the situation,” Salazar wrote. “But this was not a slow burn, once the fire started there were multiple pops, and the car was just engulfed in flames rapidly.” Firefighters responding to the scene used flame retardant to douse the flames. “There was debris flying everywhere so I kept my distance,” Salazar said. “After the fire department poured a special foam fire suppressant for what seemed a long time, the car was still making a humming sound coming from the front of the car.” By the time the fire was put out, the vehicle was reduced to ash, with only some parts near the hood remaining partly burned, pictures shared by Elecktrek showed. “My insurance company sent a forensic specialist, did their investigation and declared the car a total loss,” Salazar said, according to the outlet.

Tesla catching fire at an intersection

Almost traps driver, no power tro unlock doors, put down windows.
Had to kick out the window to escape!
Watch Video 1
Watch Video 1
One minute, Jamil Jutha was driving his 2021 Tesla Model Y through North Vancouver. The next, he was battling to escape its smoke-filled interior.
The incident took place Friday when the eight-month-old vehicle suddenly shut down, cutting power to all of its electronic parts, according to CTV News.
“The doors wouldn’t open. The windows wouldn’t go down,” Jutha said.
Smoke began to fill the interior. Although Teslas have a mechanical release for emergencies, Jutha said it was not easy to use, particularly amid the panic of a potentially life-threatening incident.

Another EV burns, explodes:

Bus Batteries explode, a Disaster!

Fleet taken off the road
Paris suspends Bolloré electric buses after two catch fire

Electric Bus Catches on Fire at CT Transit Bus Depot in Hamden

Electric motorcycles, cars

Small battery, huge TOXIC smoke!
Once they catch fire, they leave smoke more than a gasoline motorcycle emits in 100 years. These electric vehicles require electricity which comes by burning more diesels or coals. These are not environment friendly at all.

Back to the Pioneer Truth Project Main Page